Thai Meatball Banh Mi
Mark says: “This is a fantastic recipe, packed full of flavour and given the chillies, it has plenty of heat so be warned! Quick and easy which is how we like it, this recipe is so tasty you will be making it time and time again.
As the recipe makes 20 meatballs there are enough to make four baguettes however I only needed two so froze the remaining meatballs to use another day.”
Two medium Red Chillies, thinly sliced
Two tbsp clear Honey
Three tbsp fish sauce
Five spring onions, (finely chop four, reserve one)
One clove of Garlic, minced
450g minced Pork
Two tsp Lemongrass,
One tbsp finely chopped Mint
Two tbsp finely chopped Coriander
One tsp Cornflour
One small Carrot, thinly sliced
Handful of Rocket
Rice Wine Vinegar
One tbsp Sugar
Sweet Chilli sauce
- Place the pork into a medium mixing bowl, add the honey, fish sauce, four sliced spring onions, garlic, lemongrass, cornflour, mint, coriander and one sliced chilli.
- Mix until well combined and then form into 20 balls and place onto a baking tray then place in the fridge for around an hour to firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, before placing the meatballs onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking, thinly slice the remaining spring onion and place into a bowl along with the carrot, cover with rice wine vinegar and add the sugar, leave for at least 15 minutes
- When the meatballs are cooked, slice open your baguettes, fill with rocket then top with the meatballs and garnish with your pickled vegetables and the remaining red chilli and drizzle with the chilli sauce and place the lime wedges on the side to squeeze over the baguette.