This cold-weather pudding has been transformed into a sunshine treat with these sweet, fruity summer flavours.
Preparation time:15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Total time:1 hour
- 400g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Forced Rhubarb, cut into 3cm lengths
- 400g essential Waitrose British Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 star anise
- 75g Waitrose Light Brown Soft Sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
For the topping:
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g plain flour
- 100g chilled butter, diced
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 100g Waitrose Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 50g Waitrose Roasted Chopped Hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Place the rhubarb, strawberries, star anise, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large ovenproof dish.
- Place the oats, flour and butter in a bowl then, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the honey, sugar and hazelnuts then rub together to form small clumps.
- Scatter the oaty crumble over the fruit. Sit the dish on a baking sheet in the oven and cook for 45 minutes until the fruit is tender, bubbling around the edges and the top is crunchy and golden brown.