Crumbles are not just for winter and the juicy rhubarb and sweet strawberries here transform a cold-weather pudding into a sunshine treat with the fruity flavours of summer.
Serves: 6 | Preparation time:15 minutes | Cooking time:45 minutes[one_half]
- 400g Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Forced Rhubarb, cut into 3cm lengths
- 400g essential Waitrose British Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 2 star anise
- 75g Waitrose Light Brown Soft Sugar
- Grated zest and juice of 1 large orange
For The Topping:
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g plain flour
- 100g chilled butter, diced
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 100g Waitrose Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 50g Waitrose Roasted Chopped Hazelnuts
Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Place the rhubarb, strawberries, star anise, sugar, orange zest and juice in a large ovenproof dish.
Place the oats, flour and butter in a bowl then, using your fingertips, rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Add the honey, sugar and hazelnuts then rub together to form small clumps.
Scatter the oaty crumble over the fruit. Sit the dish on a baking sheet in the oven and cook for 45 minutes until the fruit is tender, bubbling around the edges and the top is crunchy and golden brown.[/two_third][one_third_last] [/one_third_last]