Easy Peasy Cheeky Chicken Gyros
Mark says: “This dish is so fresh and tasty, trust me, you won’t be disappointed!
Next time I’m going to try this with some halloumi which will go just as well as the chicken. Hope you enjoy!”
Two Chicken Breasts
Three Large Cloves of Garlic
One Large tbsp of Dried Oregano
Eight tbsp of Greek Yoghurt
One tbsp of White Wine Vinegar
Four tbsp of Lemon Juice
Two tbsp of Olive Oil
One Large Cucumber
Half a Red Onion, finely chopped
Salt and Pepper
Two Flat Breads
- In a large bowl, add three tbsp of Yoghurt, two cloves of minced Garlic, one tbsp of White Wine Vinegar, one tbsp of Olive Oil, three tbsp of Lemon Juice, Oregano and a good pinch of Salt and Pepper, mix thoroughly, add the Chicken Breasts and coat with the marinade and place into the fridge for two hours.
- Whilst the Chicken is marinating, make the tzatziki and salad. Using a box grater, grate half of the Cucumber and place into a bowl with five tbsp of Yoghurt. Add one tbsp of Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, one clove of minced Garlic and a good pinch of Salt and Pepper, mix thoroughly and place into the fridge.
- Cut the remainder of the Cucumber into bite sized chunks and place into a bowl, deseed the Tomatoes and cut into pieces, add these to the bowl along with the chopped Onion mix, and place in the fridge.
- Once the Chicken has marinated, turn your grill onto high, place the Chicken Breasts onto a tray – I recommend placing on tin foil – and cook for 20 – 30 minutes, turning, until the Chicken is fully cooked, time will vary depending on the thickness. Alternatively, you can cook the chicken on a griddle pan.
- Now that the chicken has cooked, place onto a chopping board and leave to rest for five minutes, heat your flatbreads in the oven for a couple of minutes. Slice the Chicken into small chunks and place onto the warm flatbread with a good, hearty portion of the tzatziki and the salad which you prepared earlier.